What is a social media marketing plan or social media plan?
The social media marketing plan is a document that establishes the strategies necessary to achieve the company’s marketing objectives. In other words, it includes a well-developed social media marketing plan.
It can be said that it is an instrument that directs all our strategies and actions which will be executed by the community manager. It should be clear that this plan does not only include the contents, objectives, strategies and time stipulated for publications, but also the resources and budget to execute all the activities scheduled and advertising on social networks.
How to prepare a social media marketing plan
To prepare a social media plan, four steps must be completed:
- Analysis of the company’s social media strategy and its competence.
- Creation of the social media strategy taking into account the previous analysis.
- Execution of social media campaigns.
- Measurement of results.
The SMP must be a flexible document, subject to changes or modifications before and during its execution. Possibly during the execution of the strategies appear new tools and social networks that lead us to rethink a new strategy.
Social media plan step by step
To undertake the plan and execute it, you must move forward taking into account the following:
- Clearly define your goals in the digital medium: to increase the level of sales, improve online reputation, increase community, branding, or attract traffic to the web.
- Define the path you are going to follow. When defining the objectives, you must draw the specific strategy you will need to achieve each objective.
- Determine the actions to achieve those objectives, that is, in this step, you must specify the activities and tasks (discounts, alliances with influencers, contests, events) to develop the strategy that will lead you to the achievement of the objectives.
- Stipulate the social networks in which your potential customers are located. It is essential that the content is adapted to the target audience.
- Plan ahead of time the actions and the content to be published on the channels you choose. Try to set the frequency of them.
- Analyze the feedback of your actions and followers, statistics, reports about your competitive situation. Get to know your community better by reviewing comments, hashtags, among others…
- Select the tools and equipment to execute the plan.
- Prepare actions to execute a “plan B” in case of contingencies.
- Prepare a budget to determine expenses and investment with all resources (human, administrative, operational, financial and logistic), and avoid falling into unreal or unattainable figures.
With this guide, you can start preparing your social media plan. Just follow it and then tell us your experience.
Facebook: 786 Marketing